Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lemon Bundt Cake - Delicious



1 plain Yellow or lemon cake mix (No pudding in it)
3 oz  pkg. lemon Jell-O (I put in Lemon Pudding) (I put 3oz packs of BOTH lemon Jello AND lemon pudding)
2/3 C veg. Oil (1/2 C veg. oil) (If you use both the pudding and jello, put in the full 2/3 cup)
2/3 C Hot water (1/2 C Hot water) (If you use both the pudding and the jello, put in the full 2/3 cup)
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream

Mix for 1 min. then scrape sides of bowl and continue mixing for 2-3 more mins., until it is thick and smooth.

Pour into well greased and floured bundt cake pan.

Bake at 350˚ for 40 (45) (45-50) min.  Check and if pan is pulling away from sides of pan take out and let cool for 10-15 mins.  And then tip cake out of pan.

*The things I changed, makes it much more moist and dense.  I like it better - MOM
*The things I changed and it was DIVINE...moist, dense, super lemony...need I say more?;)-Jenny


GLAZE

½ C (1/2-3/4 to preference)  powdered sugar
2 Tlbs. Fresh lemon juice
1 Tbls fresh lime juice

1 tsp. grated zest of lemon
1/2 tsp grated zest of lime

(You can add more lemon and lime - both juice and zest to make it more tart)

Mix together until smooth.  I double this because people always want more glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment